Fluffy, melt in the mouth potato scones for dinner anyone?•
Posted on 16 August 2018
This recipe for Potato Scones is a newish one to me, but a brilliant find. Anything different to do with potatoes is always interesting. My children love these and so do I. Because they are filling I almost feel as if they are a meal in themselves. They are rather smarter than plain ordinary mash, and go really well with either sausages or something special like poached salmon.
Preparation: 10 minutes Cooking time: 25 minutes
Makes: 10 – 12 scones
5 medium sized potatoes
1 tbsp butter
2oz (50g) plain flour
Salt and pepper
1 tbsp olive oil
1. Firstly peel, cook and mash the potatoes.
2. Add the butter to the potatoes and mix until melted.
3. Add enough flour to make the mixture pliable like dough.
4. Make up 8cm x 1.5cm (3 x 1/2”) rounds, you should be able to make about 10 or 12 of these.
5. Prick the surface of each scone with a fork – this allows the heat through to the centre of the scone, when cooking it.
6. Meanwhile heat up a frying pan with just a little olive oil, covering the bottom.
7. Place the scones in the pan and fry them gently for about 3 minutes on each side.
8. Best served hot.I do hope that you enjoy these fluffy little morsels . For a printable copy of the recipe click here.
Grow at Home: Green Manure for better soil
What is green manure? To start with, Green Manure has nothing to do with the wrong end of a cow! The 'manure' in question is plants that are grown...Read More
Microgreens to counteract those cream teas!
Microgreens could be the answer... For me being outside is my ultimate pleasure. Of course I don't actually want to live outside twenty four hours ...Read More
Product Bites: Cane Rings
Cane Rings are ring shaped plant supports that you can use in pots or in the ground to grow any climbing plants. A decorative way to support climbi...Read More