How to make Mulled Pears•
Posted on 29 November 2011
To Bottle or not to bottle... It is all very well enjoying the fruits of the garden during the summer months, but of course you can enjoy them in the winter as well by storing them, this is a great last minute pudding, all you have to do is to take out of the cupboard and serve it either warm or cold. Mulled pears are delicious with vanilla ice cream, cream or crème fraîche.
Preparation: 20 minutes | Cooling time: 40 minutes | Serves: 8
Ø Peel the pears, but keep their stalks.
Ø Peel the rinds of the lemon and orange using a potato peeler.
- Stuff as many pears as you can into your storage bottles.
- Divide the spices and rinds between the bottles.
- Put the sugar and wine into a pan and heat up on a low heat until all the sugar has been dissolved. Then boil for 5 minutes.
- Pour the wine syrup into the jars, completely covering the pears.
- Secure the lids.
- Put into the oven and cook for about 30 minutes at 100?C/200?F/gas mark 3
- Take the jars out, watch out because they are extremely hot.
- Place all the pears into a pan, add the spices sugar and wine.
- Put a lid on.
- Simmer the pears for approximately 20 minutes.
- When the pears are cooked, you can either serve them hot or let them cool.
|Click to find out more|
Grow at Home: Green Manure for better soil
What is green manure? To start with, Green Manure has nothing to do with the wrong end of a cow! The 'manure' in question is plants that are grown...Read More
Microgreens to counteract those cream teas!
Microgreens could be the answer... For me being outside is my ultimate pleasure. Of course I don't actually want to live outside twenty four hours ...Read More
Product Bites: Cane Rings
Cane Rings are ring shaped plant supports that you can use in pots or in the ground to grow any climbing plants. A decorative way to support climbi...Read More