We take your privacy very seriously.
We hope the following sections will answer any questions you have but if not, please do not hesitate to contact us at [email protected]
When using our websites, Tildenet Limited is the data controller.
Who Is Tildenet Limited t/a Haxnicks?
Haxnicks is a trading name of Tildenet Limited and forms part of the Tildenet Group.
The Tildenet Group is made up of a number of brands:
- Tildenet Gardenware
- Tildenet Horticulture
- Tildenet Sport
- Tildenet Fencing
- Tildenet Construction
For simplicity throughout our policy, ‘we’ and ‘us’ refers to Tildenet Limited and its associated brands.
The Legal Bases We Rely Upon
At times we may collect and process you data if you consent for us to do so. For example, if you tick a box to opt in to receive our regular email activity.
There may be an occasion when we will need your personal data to comply with our contractual obligations. For example, if you place an order with us online, we will need to collect your address information to deliver your products and pass this information to our logistics partner.
If required by law, we may have to collect and process your data. For example, we can pass details of people involved in fraud or other criminal activity to law enforcement officials.
In certain situations we require your data to pursue our legitimate interests in a manner that would be reasonably expected as part of running our business and that does not materially impact your rights, freedom or interests. For example, we may use your purchase history to send you personalised offers or to highlight relevant products. We may also use your address information to send you direct marketing information by post, to inform your of products and services that we feel may be of legitimate interest to you.
When Do We Collect Your Personal Data?
We collect your personal data at a number of times, including:
- When you create an account with us.
- When you order a product or service from us, either online or over the phone.
- When you visit any of our websites, and use your account to order products and services, or redeem a voucher code with us online or over the phone.
- When you make a guest purchase on our website. This data will be used to process and fulfil your order for you.
- When you engage with us via a social media platform. For example, on facebook or Twitter.
- When you download any information from us.
- When you join a loyalty programme.
- When you contact us online or over the phone with a query, complaint, etc.
- If you request for any third parties we work with to send you information.
- If you enter any promotional activity we manage. For example, competitions or prize draws.
- If you complete and submit a response to any surveys we may manage.
- Any individual may access personal data related to them, including opinion based content. If you submit any feedback, comment or review about a third party that provided the product or service, it may be passed on to them if they request for us to do so.
- If you complete any forms either online or offline. For example, if you fill in and submit a contact us form on one of our websites.
- If you give permission to a third party to share information they hold about you with us.
- We may collect data from third parties that you have consented to being shared, or where the information is made public as a matter of law. This will only be done so to pursue our legitimate interests in a manner that would be reasonably expected as part of running our business and that does not materially impact your rights, freedom or interests.
What Sort Of Data Do We Collect?
By engaging with us, we may collect a variety of personal data about you.
- If you choose to create an account with us online, we may collect: your name, gender, date of birth, billing and delivery addresses, order details and receipts, email, social profiles and telephone numbers. We will also keep an encrypted record of your login password.
- Details and information relating to any interaction you have with us either online or offline. For example, we collect a record of any conversations, complaints or comments you make, details of purchases you have made, items you have viewed or added to your basket or wish list, redeemed voucher codes, products you display an interest in, web pages you visit and how and when you contact us.
- Details relating to your shopping and contact preferences.
- Details of any website you visit and where you came from.
- Personal data which may help us recommend relevant products or services that we feel may be of a legitimate interwest to you. For example, you may tell us you like a specific product type, which we will use to help identify products that you may feel are of interest to you.
- Payment card information, only for use in processing your orders.
- Your comments and product reviews.
- To help us deliver the best possible experience online, we collect technical information about your internet connection and browser as well as the location of your computer, the web pages you have viewed, any advertisements you have engaged with and any search terms you have entered to find us.
- To deliver the best possible web experience, we collect technical information about your internet connection and browser as well as the country and telephone code where your computer is located, the web pages viewed during your visit, your online behaviour on our websites, the advertisements you clicked on, and any search terms you entered. Learn more about this.
- We may collect your social media profile data to help us respond to your comments, questions and feedback.
How And Why Do We Use Your Personal Data?
We will only ever collect personal data if we think it will help us provide you with the best customer experience we can. One way for us to do this is to create the clearest idea of who you are and what you like, by combining various data sources together.
We will then be able to use this data to offer you products, promotions and service that will hopefully be of interest to you. In regards to members of a loyalty programme, we will also be able to use this information to help us ensure that any benefits we offer you as a result of your membership will be relevant to your interests. We are entitled to do this by privacy law as part of our legitimate interest in understanding our customers and providing you with the highest level of service we can.
However, we understand that you may wish to change how we use you data. Details of which can be found in the What Are Your Rights section below.
If you choose to not share or change the way in which we use your personal data, we may not be able to provide you with some of the products and services we offer. For example, if you request to be kept up to date regarding the availability of a product, but you then separately ask us not to contact you, we will not be able to fulfil your initial request.
Please see below for specific examples of how and why we will use your personal data.
Customer orders and interactions:
- If you place an order on one of our websites, we will need to collect your personal data during the checkout process in order to fulfil your order and to allow us to comply with any legal obligations. For example, we may need to keep details of your order so that we are able to fulfil any contractual obligations, such as issuing you a refund or claiming under your warranty.
- In order to respond to your questions, refund requests, complaints, and order updates, using the data you submit to us will enable us to respond appropriately to you. If appropriate, we may also keep a record of our communications with you, so that we are able to clearly demonstrate how we have been in contact throughout a relevant process.
Protecting against fraud and other unlawful acts:
- In order to protect you from fraud and other illegal activity, we may use your data to maintain and update your records with a view to safeguarding you and your account.
- To process payments and help us prevent fraudulent transactions. These activities are carried out on the basis of our legitimate business interests as well as helping to protect our customers as best we can.
- In an instance of criminal activity being observed via fraud and suspicious transaction monitoring, we will process this data for the purpose of preventing illegal activity. Our aim is always to protect individuals from unlawful activity.
Promotional and marketing activity:
- With your consent, we will use your personal data, preferences and transactional details to enable us to keep up to date by email, web, phone, post and text about relevant products, services and promotional activity. You are free to contact us opt out of these various methods at any point.
- To display relevant content, products and services to you on our websites. We do this as part of our legitimate business interests and providing you with the best experience we can.
- To administer any promotional activity which you have chosen to enter. For example, prize draws, giveaways and competitions.
- To test and improve our products, services and systems. This is carried out on the basis of our legitimate business interests and providing your with the best experience we can.
- To send you customer feedback surveys that will enable us to improve our products and services. These communications do not require prior consent if they are sent by email or text. These will be carried out on the basis of our legitimate business interests, with a view to providing you with the best experience and service that we can. You are free to contact us opt out of these communications at any point.
- To comply with our contractual and legal obligations to share data with law enforcement organisations and officials.
Using Your Personal Data For Marketing Purposes
In order for us to be able to form a better, overall understanding of you as our customer, we may combine your data from various sources. This data will be used as part of our legitimate business interests to provide you with the best experience we can.
Protecting Your Personal Data
We always treat your personal data with the utmost care.
Our websites use SSL encryption to ensure that your connection with them is secure. You are able to see if a website has a secure connection by ensuring they have ‘https’ at the start of their web address, rather than just ‘http’.
To access accounts on our website, you must enter a password and sensitive data such as you payment card details are secured via a toekn to ensure they stay protected.
Do We Share Your Personal Data?
We will only share you data with third parties that you have agreed for to so with. We will only ever share the information that they require to perform the specific service they are engaged to fulfil. For example, we will pass your relevant details to our logistics partner so that they are able to deliver your order to you.
We may be required to share personal data with law enforcement or government organisations and officials. Asny request is handled on an individual basis and we always take our customer’s privacy into consideration when doing so.
What are Your Rights?
By law, amongst others, you have the right to request:
- Access to the personal data that we hold about you.
- Amendment of your personal data when it is proved to be incorrect, out of date or incomplete.
- That your data is not used in relation to direct marketing activities.
You also have the right to request a copy of the personal data we hold about you at any time. To request a copy of your information, please contact our Customer Services team in writing at Data Protection c/o Customer Services, Tildenet Limited, Journal House, Bristol, BS3 5RJ, or by email at [email protected].
You have the right to withdraw consent for us to use your personal data at any time.
In instances where we are using your personal data on the basis of our legitimate business interest to do so, you have the right to request that we stop doing so at any time.
You have the right to withdraw consent for us using your personal data in regards to direct marketing at any time.
In order for us to protect our customers confidentiality, we may ask you to verify your identity before we proceed with any request for personal information. If a third party request personal data on your behalf, we will ask them to prove they have your permission to do so.
Contacting The Information Commissioner’s Office
Whilst we will always strive to make sure that you are happy with how we handle and process your personal data, if you are not for any reason, you have the right to log a complaint with the information commissioner’s Office (ICO).
You can contact them on 0303 123 1113 or by visiting www.ico.org.uk.
If You Have Any Questions
We are here to try and provide you with the very best experience you can have when dealing with us.
Phone: 0117 934 1799
Email: [email protected]
Post: Customer Services, Tildenet Limited, Journal House, Bristol, BS3 5RJ
The table below lists the cookies we collect and what information they store.
|COOKIE name||COOKIE Description|
|CART||The association with your shopping cart.|
|CATEGORY_INFO||Stores the category info on the page, that allows to display pages more quickly.|
|COMPARE||The items that you have in the Compare Products list.|
|CURRENCY||Your preferred currency|
|CUSTOMER||An encrypted version of your customer id with the store.|
|CUSTOMER_AUTH||An indicator if you are currently logged into the store.|
|CUSTOMER_INFO||An encrypted version of the customer group you belong to.|
|CUSTOMER_SEGMENT_IDS||Stores the Customer Segment ID|
|EXTERNAL_NO_CACHE||A flag, which indicates whether caching is disabled or not.|
|FRONTEND||You session ID on the server.|
|GUEST-VIEW||Allows guests to edit their orders.|
|LAST_CATEGORY||The last category you visited.|
|LAST_PRODUCT||The most recent product you have viewed.|
|NEWMESSAGE||Indicates whether a new message has been received.|
|NO_CACHE||Indicates whether it is allowed to use cache.|
|PERSISTENT_SHOPPING_CART||A link to information about your cart and viewing history if you have asked the site.|
|POLL||The ID of any polls you have recently voted in.|
|POLLN||Information on what polls you have voted on.|
|RECENTLYCOMPARED||The items that you have recently compared.|
|STF||Information on products you have emailed to friends.|
|STORE||The store view or language you have selected.|
|VIEWED_PRODUCT_IDS||The products that you have recently viewed.|
|WISHLIST||An encrypted list of products added to your Wishlist.|
|WISHLIST_CNT||The number of items in your Wishlist.|